A. Eligibility and Qualifications
1. Candidates from the entire state of Texas shall be eligible for inclusion in the Texas Swimming & Diving Hall of Fame.
2. Candidates must have lived in Texas for at least ten years.
3. At least ten years must have passed since the candidate’s first distinction involving aquatics, with priority to those who date back the farthest.
4. Those men and women who have made the most outstanding contributions to aquatics in Texas, either as a player or a non-player.
B. Selection Criteria
1. Priority shall go to the candidates who have put the most back into the statewide aquatics programs of Texas.
2. Accomplishments as a athlete.
3. Contributor to the development of the aquatics
Achievements and innovations that have a profound effect on aquatics and/or its administration.
Helping to finance worthwhile aquatic projects.
C. Selection Consideration
1. Priority shall go to the oldest candidate when other credentials are equal.
2. Inductees should represent a cross-section of areas, cities, towns and schools.
3. Years involved in aquatics.
4. Residency in Texas.
First priority - native Texans who have spent all or most of their time in Texas and helped develop aquatics in Texas.
Second priority - not born in Texas, but have spent most of their life in Texas and helped develop aquatics in Texas.
Third priority - native Texans, but have spent most of their time living out of state, but helped develop aquatics in Texas.
Fourth priority - not born in Texas and have spent most of their years living outside the state, but have lived in Texas at least ten years and contributed to the betterment of aquatics in Texas.
A. Nomination form with resumes may be submitted by any person and must be received by the Texas Swimming & Diving Hall of Fame on or before February 1st of each year. Forms should be mailed/emailed to:
PO Box 7399
Austin, TX 78713